small glimpses of me

small glimpses of me
reason to believe.

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Battle

How is it -I open my eyes one day and I have 3 children a great husband and I am able to run 5 miles? How is I find the time to clean my house and keep up on my laundry..... How is it I am at constant battle with my laziness and I feel I am winning. I only think to myself that I have to do these things in order to function properly, for my household to run as smoothly as possible, I need not to feed the never silent depression monster that lives inside me. If it is through these small things I feel better about myself then I should fight the battle! No one is going to give us sympathy for our messy homes, or oh u have 3 children there fore u have to get nothing done. Oh u like to eat a lot that is why u have heart disease and diabetes--or you just like to drink so go ahead and drink, drink up!
  Then there is those times when we stop and look in the mirror, do we really look at ourselves-most likely not! I find myself doing all these things to try and better my life and my family...I do have a important job, it is to teach my little beings how to live and function, how to be good husbands, and a good wife-I want them to grow up and know that I helped teach them that they are important. Their home is important, their mom is important because she cares about herself (for the kids) having two parents that respect each other and try to make one another's  life better is IMPORTANT!!  If it is through exercise, cleaning, having folded laundry put away,  a floor swept and mopped then I am going to do this for them!
The one thing I really want my children to know is God blessed me with them and I am thankful! He blessed me with the desire to do the best I can in my role as a mom and a wife-I just have to let him lead me to be even better....he is knocking oh is he knocking....

No comments:

Post a Comment